We're nearing the end of the floating cinema's season and it seems somehow apt that we go out on two slightly autumnal feeling tours of some of East London's green spaces ... on the 16th and 17th of September we're taking the boat on two days of tours around some of the productive spaces that line the canal system. The tours are now fully booked but if you would like to visit one of these green spaces all are welcome to come along to the Abbey Gardens Harvest Festival on Saturday the 17th from 1.00 - 4.00pm. This is the third growing season for this garden which Karen and I designed for the The Friends of Abbey Gardens, and the Harvest Festival is always a great event ....
This FREE EVENT is organised by the Friends of Abbey Gardens and
will be taking place on Saturday 17 September 1pm - 4pm
Abbey Gardens, Bakers Row, London E15 3NF
• Take part in the 2011 Vegetable Games
• Enter our sport-themed cake or vegetable sculpture competitions
• Chef Beatrice Millner will be cooking produce from the garden for everyone to enjoy
• Enjoy live jazz music all afternoon from G & G Jazz Trio
• Garden tours and gardening tips from Hamish, our garden club leader
• Tea and cakes for small donations for the garden
• Kids' activities related to the garden Activities are free of charge.
Food, drink and honesty stall produce are available for donations. Cake competition entries to be prepared in advance. Vegetable sculptures can also be created on the day.
Do come and join us Karen and I will both be there and the boat tour that day will end with a walk to the garden.